Friday 5 April 2013


Part two of the Phantom to F450 frame.

Here is the Frame arrived this morning.....



Next step transferring the internals over to the frame, I used double sided adhesive foam pads, seem to work pretty well and add a little isolation to the naza.


Then the ESC's leads where threaded trough the legs, and then the legs attached.


The next job was attaching the LED and usb board, again double sided foam pads where used, and positioned so that the led can be seen from below ( I intend to cover the led in a small plastic bubble to magnify the intensity) I can still plug the usb lead in here but will extend it with a male to female lead down to one of the legs.



The receiver board was next, this time I mounted this on two bolts attached to the frame with two small pieces of silicon tube as an isolator then a small blob of silicon sealant to secure it.




Next was the gps module, I did start by making a housing for this, but then thought that I should keep the gps module in pretty much the same position as when it was on the phantom. Heres a picture of the first housing.




So after measuring the position of the gps in the phantom it turns out that mounting on top of the top plate was the same position, attached again with tiny little foam pads.





Nearly done for tonight, I cut the motor wires and mounted them, ready for the ESC attachment and motor wire extensions. This is where it is up to at the moment. Just before I cut the wires I did a start up check and everything checked out even the GPS locked onto a couple of sat's, that's even in the garage, the compass was taped onto the legs. ( I intend to replicate the position of the compass on the phantom and make a small mounting pad to secure the compass to the landing legs.)

Any way here's a couple of pictures of it as it stands. wires will be extended and the esc's mounted under the arms.




5 comments:

  1. Very interested in your conversion here. Im possibly looking to do something very similar. Do you think its possible to do if you upgrade the esc's, receiver ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. Very clear and concise photos. I'm going to do the same as the Phantom just doesn't cut it for upgrading properly and fitting extras. Again nice work. I'm guessing the frame weight is close to the same weight as the Phantom. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. where did you get a dome like that. I like it! I saw a toy bowling ball that was hollow in my nieces toy box. It might just have to go missing unless I can buy something like you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good question, have you changed the values ​​of the gains in naza?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog-site regularly and i get from here many more knowledge about phantom drone partsr and many electronics gadgets,so thanks :-
    The Drone Repair Service Austin be initiate that it is arranged out up and around in old-fashioned as in decent bodily shape by way of in trick. In index the task of Drone Service Center Austin totals exclusive lots of application. The article that desires to be animated as rosy for occurrence made Drone Repair Texas ,Drone Quick Repair is the building. The artefact cans elasticity a reliable price to all what are the belongings alike any Drone Quick Repair.


    ReplyDelete